Did you have carbon monoxide poisoning? Share your story here so others may benefit from your experience.Share Your Symptoms
Wood burning flu
- My beighbour has placed a woodburning flu on his flat. Roof house approx 6 meters from my bedroom and. Family room . When it's raining or wind blowing my house is enveloped in heavy smoke which leaks into my house - I have bad headaches sore red eyes and sore throats - I have contacted EPA council and plumbing comm and no one will help me . I am 68 and have asthma. And lung problems - no one will help how can I get a reading of gases the side of my weatherboard house is covered in black soot after only 2 months of his installing and burning this smelly horrible wood
- —Guest Dianne
Work place / Propane Forklift Issues
- About seven years ago, I was working in an office as winter came on with a new manager. Thinking to keep the warehouse warmer, as it was attached to the office, he had the doors closed when there were not deliveries happening. Ever day on the way home I felt exhausted, nauseous, and just completely out of it. I got somewhat better over the Thanksgiving weekend, but when I went back to work on Monday, I got sick again. Finally went to the doctor, not understanding what was going on. I was diagnosed with carbon monoxide poisoning. They kept me on IV fluids and oxygen for a few hours, and slowly the symptoms resolved. Luckily for our office, I was the only one severely affected, I'm assuming because I'm already prone to migraines. I never want to go through that again.
- —Guest Melissa
carbon monoxide poisoning
- Poisoned in 2009 by gas heater constantly running and car exhausts at work - heavy metal poisoning too. heart pains and palpitations - extreme fatigue - gums and teeth ached - metal taste in mouth - sinus through to gums problems - as heavy metals try to leave my body - tooth extraction site ongoing probs - although heater switched of eventually back in 2009 after weeks of running constantly - car exhausts still poison me - finally left company I am scared and wonder how long before my system clears if at all - even being out on public roads now cause me shortness of breath and palpitations
Not sure if I have poisoning
- Ha pneumonia sept 1 n had breathing probs since it's dec10th n have n having a tired weakness in heart for a few weeks n also been having pain veins blulging in my head.
- —Guest Lisa
Carbon Monoxide while exercising
- I was swimming laps at the YMCA pool. At first I just felt sluggish. After half an hour, I was short of breath and my heart was beating unusually fast. After getting out of the water I started to feel dizzy. I sat in the locker room and took deep breaths. Unfortunately, the carbon monoxide level was also high in the locker room. My pulse was 124 beats per minute (my normal is 62). After getting outside and getting fresh air, my heart rate dropped to about 90, but increased rapidly with any exertion. I was still short of breath and dizzy. I went to the hospital and was given oxygen for several hours. Three weeks later I still have chest pain when exercising, stair climbing, etc. I did not have any health problems prior to the carbon monoxide exposure.
- —Guest Sandra
Effects of Long-term Low level CO poison
- I have been posioned w/CO 4 times via inside heating including woodstove and propane. The main sympton I have as a red flag is that I am very tired and cold inside but when I go outside, even if it is in frigid weather, I feel warmer. I am currently correcting a CO problem. I have a home office and am not outside often. I have CO detectors but they are not sensitive enought to read the amount that affects my body. I do not know what the outcome will be this time, but it is frustrating because after being outside, levels drop, hence I have been misdiagnosed for the last 7 yrs. Become knowledgeable and use your own body symptoms as a meter! Rmember, the feeling colder inside the heated house and feeling better & warmer outside in freezing weather is a pretty good indicator
- —Guest eva
burning and tingling in extremities
- Hi, my furnace block was cracked and leaking carbon monoxide for awhile before it was discovered. Many months later I am having intermittent tingling and burning in my extremities. It could be a leg one day, two days later an arm or ankle etc. I'm wondering if the carbon monoxide poisoning have caused this and what should I do. I am being checked for MS, but it is not presenting itself as that.
- —Guest cindy
A blessing from above
- When my sister and I were younger she had an old car with a lot of problems and one night we were on our way home and neither one of us could stay awake we were extrememly sleepy and had severe headaches when we were expose to fresh air
- —Guest Symphony