The best way to stop the spread of infections is to keep your hands clean. Wash your hands before and after every first aid procedure.
Time Required: One minute
- Wet hands, preferably with warm water.
- Use soap - any soap will do. Lather your hands front and back, and between all fingers.
- Continue lathering all around your hands and between the fingers for at least 20 seconds. Humming the theme song from Jeopardy! takes about 15 seconds.
- Rinse your hands thoroughly.
- Dry your hands using a clean, dry paper or cloth. Use the towel to turn off the faucet.