It's important to keep certain medical information readily available in case of emergencies. Ambulance crews will need this basic information to provide the best care for emergency victims.
- Medication and food allergies
- Prescription medications (include doses and schedules)
- Chronic conditions (diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, etc)
- Any reasons for hospitalizations (heart attacks, strokes, major surgeries, etc)
- Doctor's name
- Hospital preference
- Medical insurance information
Keeping this information handy will speed up the emergency care. Here are ways to organize personal medical information to make it easier for responders.