The Bottom Line
- Waterproof and tear-proof pages
- Pocket size flip guide for easy reference
- Color-coded tabs for easy navigation
- Lots of preparation checklists
- Format too brief for complex information
- No traditional table of contents
- Small size makes some pages hard to read / write on
- Authors: Julie Henry, Heather Larson and Jeff Rubin
- Publisher: Informed
- 5 sections
- 118 pages
- ISBN: 978-1-890495-36-7
Guide Review - Home Emergency Pocket Guide
I was disappointed that there is no table of contents other than a bulleted list on the front cover. The colors of the bulleted items on the cover don't seem to match the tabs where the information could be found. Corresponding colors would make up for the lack of a table of contents. There is a limited index on the back cover, which is helpful if the needed topic is listed.
I've used a pocket reference guide from this publisher for years. It's one of my favorite reference tools. This pocket guide is the publisher's first product aimed at the general public. The publisher sent me a review copy free of charge. Overall, the guide is well written and follows current guidelines. This publisher has a good track record of updating its other reference guides frequently, which bodes well for this book.