Paramedics and emergency medical technicians are routinely asked about their jobs. In the grocery store or the back of the ambulance, folks are fascinated with what we do and what we see.
The most common questions paramedics get are:
- Are you an ambulance driver?
- What's the worst call you've ever had?
- What's the difference between an EMT and a paramedic?
- Have you ever seen a dead person?
- Have you ever brought anyone back from the dead?
There are others, but I think they all sort of fit into one of these examples. Depending on the crew and the question, we either look forward to or dread these questions. I find myself wanting to impress on folks most of all that we're competent, compassionate caregivers. I usually look forward to answering questions like these and I've taken the liberty to start with these five.
Do you have a question about emergency medical services that you'd like to have answered? Comment below or email me and I'll do my best to answer.